- Communicating with clients to learn about their legal needs and concerns and providing them with advice.
- Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
- Building relationships with clients based on trust.
- Preparing legal documents, such as contracts, dispositions, and pleadings, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Staying informed about current legislation, especially concerning legal specialties.
- Finding ethical solutions to legal matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience or expertise in a specific branch of law may be preferred.
- Commitment to abiding by local laws and behaving ethically.
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills.
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Adaptability and attention to detail.